My nephew and his wife are expecting their first child, a little boy! We are so excited for the arrival of the baby, but I was also super excited that I got to help by creating the decorations for the shower. 🙂
The first thing I always do when planning a themed party is to look for printables. They help me determine the colors and theme. I found these FREE Little Man Mustache printables designed by Printabelle and offered for free by Catch My Party. Both sites have LOTS of free printable packages. All you need to do is download them to your own computer and either send them to a print shop to have them done (which I HIGHLY recommend) or use your color printer.
Little Man Mustache Baby Shower Decorations:
– I used Craft Jute and torn fabric strips to create a tassel garland that mimics a bow tie and necktie by the way I knotted the fabric onto the craft jute.
– After printing out the banner letters included in the printables set, I attached them to a length of Craft Jute with Clothespins.
– After making the custom fabric applique onesies (here is my tutorial), I added them along with torn fabric ties to a length of Craft Jute with more clothespins. Aren’t they darling?! (yes, I’m patting myself on the back)
– I purchased some mustache straw cut-outs from Hobby Lobby (similar to these Mustache Straws) and we served them in our lemonade.
– We served a variety of desserts from Kneaders Bakery (along with the spiral cut ham sandwiches on bakery buns, chips and veggies) and added the cute cupcake toppers that came in the printables kit to them. I just cut them out and used a hot glue gun to secure a toothpick to the back of each one.
-The amazing Michelle at Printabelle customizes any of her designs for just a couple of dollars, like these signs I used for the gift table and favor table. So, even if you find a free printable pack that you love and just need a certain element you don’t see included – be sure to contact the designer and see if they customize! Check out all of her designs, they’re pretty incredible – she’s one talented lady! The white frames are from Ikea and I accented them with torn fabric strips. Cute, no? Yes. 🙂
– For the gift and favor table I made a mustache garland made of a length of craft jute, Cardstock Mustache Cutouts (that have holes punched in them) and torn fabric strips (are you catching the theme yet?).
Little Man Mustache Baby Shower Favors:
Of course, they had to be chocolate mustache suckers. I used this Chocolate Mustache Lollipop Mold and some green and blue Wilton Candy Melts. Then we put some green and blue Frooties in jars along with a scoop and clear cellophane bags for people to help themselves to a treat.