With my husbands birthday coming up I was delighted to develop a recipe for Collective Bias, Inc. and Walmart to celebrate him and the return of M&M’s® Crispy! #CrispyIsBack #CollectiveBias
My husband is a tough one when it comes to his birthday. If you’ve spent any time around this blog you know how much I love to throw a themed party, but that just isn’t his thing. Instead, all he wants is really good food. He’s not much of a cake person (don’t get me wrong, he’ll eat it, but he prefers other treats) so this year I was so excited to make him this decadent M&M’s® Crispy dessert pizza. It’s out of this world delicious. It takes a couple of steps, but they are WORTH IT! Trust me!
The M&M’s® Crispy remind me of Jr. High, which is the last time I remember eating them. Lucky for all of us, they came back! What they add to this dessert is something you’ll really appreciate. You see, you’ve got the soft, chewy brownie, the silky frosting and smooth luxurious caramel. It needed a crunchy bite to add dimension – and load on even more chocolate. The crispy rice center really makes it a match made in heaven!
So, off to Walmart we went! And boy, was Lucy excited to help me load up! They come in the larger bags too, but she really wanted a bunch of the smaller bags, so we went to town. These bags say they are the “shareable size” – I dont think so, I’ll take care of a bag on my own. And, since the M&M’s® Crispy only have 180 calories per serving, you may decide you get two slices of dessert!
M&M’s® Crispy Dessert Pizza
1- Bake the brownies. I used a spring form pan but a pizza pan would work great too.
2- Whip up that chocolate buttercream – you want it light and fluffy! Don’t be stingy when putting it on the brownie. Make sure you get lots of peaks and valleys too, that’s where the caramel can pool and it turns into a little caramel Jacuzzi for the bits of candy.
3- Drizzle on the caramel. Remember all those valleys you created in the frosting? Fill ’em up! You may not use it all, and you may find yourself eating it with a spoon at midnight when you are up editing photos of the dessert pizza you put it on. 🙂 Thank me later.
4- Top it with the candy. You can leave them whole, I decided to cut them in half with a serrated knife just to make sure everyone knew the crispy goodness they were about to partake of.
- ½ c. butter (1 stick) melted
- ¼ c. Cocoa powder
- 1 c. Granulated Sugar
- 2 Eggs – beaten slightly
- ½ tsp. Vanilla
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- ¾ c. Flour – all purpose
- 1/2 c. Butter - room temperature
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla
- 1 c. Powdered Sugar
- 2 - 4 Tbsp. Milk
- 2 Tbsp. Cocoa Powder
- 4 Tbsp. Butter (I use salted, if not just add a pinch of salt)
- 1/2 c. Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Light Corn Syrup
- 1/2 Tsp. Vanilla
- 1/4 c. Heavy Cream
- 3/4 - 1 cup M&M's® Crispy
- Melt butter in a microwave safe dish. Add sugar, vanilla, eggs and cocoa powder and mix well with a rubber spatula. Add flour and salt and mix to combine. Don't over mix. Pour into a greased spring form pan that has been lined with parchment paper. Bake for 18-20 minutes at 350. Allow to cool completely before adding frosting.
- In a mixer with the wisk attachment whip butter for a few seconds. Add vanilla, powdered sugar and 2 Tbsp. of milk and mix together well. Add cocoa powder and additional milk and whip for 1-2 minutes until fluffy and smooth.
- In a microwave safe bowl add the butter, brown sugar and corn syrup. Microwave 30 seconds and stir. Microwave an additional 90 seconds and stir. Microwave a final 90 seconds and remove. Add vanilla and cream and stir well to combine.