This post contains affiliate links. If purchases are made through them I receive a small commission.
It is peach season here in Utah and I personally feel like we have the best peaches around! I love to peel them and eat them fresh, but look forward to making homemade peach ice cream and peach crisp each year with them! I promise, it is not hard to learn how to make homemade ice cream, especially if you have a Cuisinart Frozen Yogurt and Ice Cream maker. When got my cuisinart ice cream machine a few years ago I didn’t realize how much I would use it! Because it is so easy to use, we have so much fun customizing the flavors to what we love! This homemade peach ice cream is a cross between peaches and cream and my favorite peach crisp recipe because of the addition of one special spice. You’ll want to add this to your favorite homemade ice cream recipes for sure!
Homemade Peach Ice Cream
You can use any ice cream maker, but I LOVE my Cuisinart Frozen Yogurt and Ice Cream maker. You keep the canister in the freezer and then whenever you are ready to make ice cream it is frozen and ready to go! No ice, no salt, no mess! Plus, it comes in lots of fun colors – mine is ORANGE!
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 5 medium Peaches (about 2 1/2 cups diced)
- 2/3 cup Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup Milk (whole milk is best)
- 1 1/2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 tsp Cinnamon
- Peel and dice the peaches. You may puree or pulse in a food processor to get desired texture, I prefer peach chunks so I left them in a small dice. Place in a saucepan over medium heat and add 1/4 cup of sugar. Stir to combine. Bring to a simmer and turn heat to low. Simmer for approximately 30 minutes to reduce while stirring occasionally. Once mixture has reduced to 1 1/2 cups of fruit, remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl add sugar and milk. Whisk until sugar is completely dissolved. Add all other ingredients and stir to combine. Allow to chill for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Pour ice cream mixture into the ice cream machine and churn for 15-20 minutes. The ice cream will be soft serve consistency. Transfer to a freezer safe container and freeze until it reaches your desired consistency.
- *You may use the peaches fresh, but by simmering them the water evaporates out and it reduces down to a really amazing concentrated peach flavor! It takes if from vanilla ice cream with peaches in it to a true peach ice cream!