With my husbands birthday coming up I was delighted to develop a recipe for Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser to celebrate him and the return of M&M’s® Crispy! This post may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission if you purchase through these links.
My husband is a tough one when it comes to his birthday. If you’ve spent any time around this blog you know how much I love to throw a themed party, but that just isn’t his thing. Instead, all he wants is really good food. He’s not much of a cake person (don’t get me wrong, he’ll eat it, but he prefers other treats) so this year I was so excited to make him this decadent M&M’s® Crispy dessert pizza. It’s out of this world delicious. There may be a couple of steps, but they are WORTH IT! Trust me!
The M&M’s® Crispy add something to this dessert that you’ll really appreciate. You see, you’ve got the soft, chewy brownie, the silky frosting and smooth luxurious caramel. It needed a crunchy bite to add dimension – and load on even more chocolate. The crispy rice center really makes it a match made in heaven!
M&M’s® Crispy Dessert Pizza
1- Bake the brownies. I used a 10″ spring form pan but a pizza pan would work great too.
2- Whip up that chocolate buttercream – you want it light and fluffy! Don’t be stingy when putting it on the brownie. Make sure you get lots of peaks and valleys too, that’s where the caramel can pool and it turns into a little caramel Jacuzzi for the bits of candy.
3- Drizzle on the caramel. Remember all those valleys you created in the frosting? Fill ’em up! You may not use it all, and you may find yourself eating it with a spoon at midnight when you are up editing photos of the dessert pizza you put it on. 🙂 Thank me later.
4- Top it with the candy. You can leave them whole, I decided to cut them in half with a serrated knife just to make sure everyone knew the crispy goodness they were about to partake of.
M&M's® Crispy Dessert Pizza
A decadent brownie crusted dessert pizza topped with M&M's® Crispy!
- ½ c. butter (1 stick) melted
- ¼ c. Cocoa powder
- 1 c. Granulated Sugar
- 2 Eggs – beaten slightly
- ½ tsp. Vanilla
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- ¾ c. Flour – all purpose
- 1/2 c. Butter - room temperature
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla
- 1 c. Powdered Sugar
- 2 - 4 Tbsp. Milk
- 2 Tbsp. Cocoa Powder
- 4 Tbsp. Butter (I use salted, if not just add a pinch of salt)
- 1/2 c. Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Light Corn Syrup
- 1/2 Tsp. Vanilla
- 1/4 c. Heavy Cream
- 3/4 - 1 cup M&M's® Crispy
- Melt butter in a microwave safe dish. Add sugar, vanilla, eggs and cocoa powder and mix well with a rubber spatula. Add flour and salt and mix to combine. Don't over mix. Pour into a greased spring form pan that has been lined with parchment paper. Bake for 18-20 minutes at 350. Allow to cool completely before adding frosting.
- In a mixer with the wisk attachment whip butter for a few seconds. Add vanilla, powdered sugar and 2 Tbsp. of milk and mix together well. Add cocoa powder and additional milk and whip for 1-2 minutes until fluffy and smooth.
- In a microwave safe bowl add the butter, brown sugar and corn syrup. Microwave 30 seconds and stir. Microwave an additional 90 seconds and stir. Microwave a final 90 seconds and remove. Add vanilla and cream and stir well to combine.
events to CELEBRATE! http://eventstocelebrate.net/