This Chinese Chicken Salad is always a BIG hit at any event I bring it to. It’s the perfect salad for a Ladies Lunch, Bridal Shower or Baby Shower. In fact, the first time I made this for a baby shower, me and two of the others hosting the shower each brought 2 salads to make a little salad buffet and this was the first salad to be gone because people LOVED IT!
The cabbage base and mandarin oranges make it feel light enough that you could seriously eat the entire thing! But I must say, the toasted sesame seeds and crumbled ramen noodles add the perfect crunch. I hope you make it and I hope you come back and tell me how it goes!
- 6 cups shredded Cabbage (approx. 1 lb head of cabbage)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced Carrots - about 1 large carrot
- 2 Green Onions sliced
- 1 can (11 oz.) Mandarin Oranges - juice drained
- 1 can (12 oz.) Chicken Breast drained and shredded
- 1/4 cup toasted Sesame Seeds
- 1 pkg dry Ramen Noodles crumbled
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Sesame Oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Rice Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
- Combine salad ingredients, reserving the toasted sesame seeds and ramen noodles until ready to serve.
- Blend salad dressing ingredients with a whisk until well combined and smooth.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat and then top with toasted sesame seeds and ramen noodles.
- Toast sesame seeds in a dry pan over medium heat, tossing frequently, until golden brown.