I’m excited that my crafty friend Kara – who blogs at Simplistically Sassy shares this Lalaloopsy Themed Birthday party with you today. She is the ultimate DIY-er when it comes to parties and I love all of the personal details and touches she incorporated into this party for her daughter.
– Button monogram using a variety of pink buttons hot glued onto a blank canvas
– Yarn pom pom garland – tutorial found here
– Button table garland using cardstock and yarn (she used a silhouette machine to cut the button shapes)
– Lalaloopsy dolls, tissue paper and painted terracotta pots
– Starburst topiary – tutorial found here
– At her daughters request, Kara made homemade baked donuts using a donut pan – like this one. Don’t they look delicious?! I shouldn’t write when I am hungry. The girls got to frost and decorate it with sprinkles. Fun and tasty!
– Keeping with the button theme – Kara filled a jar with buttons and the girls guessed how many were inside.
– The children colored Lalaloopsy coloring pages – found here for free!
– Each child made a Lalaloopsy necklaces using bottlecaps and pictures that fit them exactly (they can be found here for only $2.50!). She used mod podge to put the pictures on the caps, and then had the string pre-cut, and the beads ready for the girls.
– Button, Button, Who’s Got The Button? And Hot Pom Pom (like Hot Potato) rounded out the afternoon fun.
– These delicious and adorable chocolate button suckers – yum!
Do you have a party that you want featured on Events To Celebrate?!
Just email your photos and a description of the party (especially details of any DIY portions) along with a list of where you got items used in the party (so we can borrow your ideas) to [email protected] Let’s party!