Wedding Reception Entertainment
When planning a wedding reception, there is a lot more to think about than the food and flowers. Gone are the days of selecting a color palette a passing that on to your florist. It really is all about creating an experience for your guests. It’s very popular to add entertainment pieces to your reception to get guests away from their table, mingling and enjoying the evening together.
- A photo booth has become a really fun accessory to have at a wedding! When you walk away from your wedding you want two things: to have a great time at the wedding and to have really great photos to keep so that in five, twenty or fifty years from now you can remember all of those good times. The photo booth accomplishes both! Whether you set up your own photo booth with lots of photo props, hire a booth or book one of the photo buses – your guests will love it!
- Performance dancers can add a fun vibe to your reception, especially if it fits your theme. Ballroom, latin, salsa or hula dancers will light up the dance floor!
- Fireworks – end the evening with a bang! Be sure to check your local rules and regulations. Where I live aerial fireworks are only permitted during certain calendar dates. Permission may be required, but your venue can assist you with making arrangements.
- Caricature artists are a really special way to send guests home with a fun memento of the day!
- Karaoke hour! Whether you do it on the main stage or in a separate room – you know you’ve got guests who really think they can sing!
- Dueling pianos are amazing to watch! The fees for renting two grand piano’s can be a little high, so be sure to check your venue rates first, but definitely consider this high energy option!
- Carriage rides around the venue – especially if your reception is held in a garden of some sort or at Christmas time! So magical!
- Culinary action stations or a culinary show. Serving bananas foster? Turn it into a show for the guests by having them served tableside!