Disney’s Frozen Birthday Party Ideas
Have you seen the newest Disney movie Frozen? It’s completely adorable! The snowman Olaf stole the show for me! It inspired some Frozen birthday party ideas that I want to share with you, just in case you’ve got a birthday party coming up that you want to center around the movie. These would be great to do before or after going to watch the movie or even just coined as a “winter wonderland” themed party if the kids haven’t seen the movie yet.
If you use any of the ideas, I’d love to hear about it! I’d love even more if you shared a photo or two – I love when people use my ideas!!
UPDATE: SINCE THIS POST WAS WRITTEN OVER A YEAR AGO, I DECIDED TO ADD A SECOND POST OF LOTS MORE IDEAS FOR FROZEN GAMES, CRAFTS AND ACTIVITIES. CLICK ON THIS POST TO SEE IT!
Frozen Birthday Party Ideas:
Frozen Party Activities:
– Build a Snow Man – Bundle up and head outside if the weather permits, otherwise make a felt Olaf version of this adorable felt one over at Two More Minutes.
– Play Ogre in the Middle – but the Ogre will be Marshmallow from the movie (its basically the same as Marco Polo but played out of the water)
– Frozen Coloring pages – you can print free ones here.
Frozen Party Crafts:
– Make 3D Snowflakes – there is an awesome step-by-step tutorial with pictures here.
– Create an Olaf Snowman – Use a bamboo skewer or hot glue to secure 3 styrofoam balls stacked on top of one another. Cut a small portion off the bottom ball so it will stand up on it’s own. Let the children paint them with white craft paint or use Mod Podge and then roll them in Fake Snow. Allow to dry and then add black pom pom “buttons” an orange felt nose and a little fleece scarf!(like this one my niece made at preschool)
Frozen Party Food:
– Keep guests warm with a Hot Chocolate Bar (I detailed one with lots of ideas in this post). For a special treat, make my Homemade Marshmallows (my recipe is delicious!) and use a round cookie cutter to cut them and stack them 3 tall to display them as snowmen or use a snowflake cookie cutter to carry out the winter wonderland theme.
– These Snowball Cake Pops from Spoonful are adorable and look too good to throw (ppssst…there’s a tutorial on their website)!
– For a sweet treat, these sugar cookies with marshmallow fondant snowflakes are so easy to make (I promise, it was my first time making fondant), and look absolutely adorable! See directions here.
– Serve an Olaf Snowman Pizza – This one from Delia Creates is perfect and the recipe looks simple enough!
Frozen Party Decorations:
– There are so many cute Frozen Party Supplies available already (I especially love the jumbo Mylar Olaf balloon!) from snow globes to paper goods and invitations to cake toppers!
– In addition, you can add elements to your party space to really turn it into a winter wonderland. I decorated a company party a few years ago in sparkly blue and silver and these are a few of the details:
Silver spray painted branches branches in a cylinder vase filled with fake snow * Glittered snowflake ornaments – purchased at Walmart * I covered the ceiling in 3D snow flakes. Some were painted with silver spray paint and others were painted in silver glitter spray paint. * Shimmery table cloth made from silver organza.
– Another fun and really simple/inexpensive idea is to make a snowball backdrop using cotton balls and string, like this one from EveryDay with Rachael Ray:
Frozen Party Favors:
– I’m in love with these Donut Snowmen from the Celebration Shoppe. If you can’t find powdered donut holes, they would be just as cute with the powdered mini-donuts!
– My friend Kylie made these adorable capes for her daughters (and includes a tutorial on her blog). They would be a perfect gift for the birthday girl whether you are hosting or attending a Frozen themed party!
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Keep up on Pinterest. See fun photos on Instagram. Join me in a Google+ circle.
THIS IS AWESOME POST! THANK YOU
I have to tell you about the party I just attended with my daughter. It was a Frozen themed party and included some of the ideas here and from other blogs but a unique thing that the mom did was to find an Elsa and Anna look alike to portray Queen Elsa and Princess Anna from Disney’s new movie Frozen. These 2 girls (sisters in real life) from a company out of Atlanta called look alikes and Characters Entertainment, were spot on look alikes and absolutely gorgeous girls!! Another unique thing that these girls did is to come out and actually PERFORM!! I was floored! They were SOOOOO GOOD! First Elsa came out and performed Let it Go and then Anna came out to join Elsa in a duet and perform For the First Time in Forever. Then the girls lead some wonderful themed games and activities. Then they gave the whole group of party guest the chance to come up and sing ‘Let it Go’ with real music and microphones. I have never been so impressed as I was with these girls and this party. My daughter already has asked me about Elsa and Anna coming to their party in December. I can’t wait to start planning.
What an awesome idea! That would be super impressive and would send my little girl over the moon with happiness!! Thanks for sharing!
I love the Frozen ideas! Nice job….very creative.
These ideas are all so darling! Thanks for sharing! Pinning!
Thanks for including my Pecan Puff Cookie recipe in your Frozen party theme roundup! Lots of great ideas shared here….we loved the movie too!