Dr. Seuss Day Activities
Did you know that tomorrow, March 2nd is Dr. Seuss’ Birthday?!! Here are some fun and easy ways you can celebrate with your family! These ideas don’t require a lot of prep work and your kids will love making this Saturday something special!
– Buy a new book each year and read it together over a breakfast of green eggs and ham. Recipe here.
– Let them make some Cat In The Hat fruit hats from strawberries, bananas and apple slices. (Thanks to my sister-in-law Amy’s website for this cute idea!)
– Get them crafting – they can make a Thing 1, Cat In The Hat pencil holder or a Lorax mask.
– Print an activity book for them here or let them play the online activities they have. Here is one that I thought was really cute: dr seuss booklet
– Have some Dr. Seuss snacks on hand like this fish bowl of crackers. Or get them involved by letting them help you make swirly seuss-like cookies.
– Check out your local library for special activities. For those in Utah County, the Spanish Fork library is hosting a book party – find more details here. The Orem library is having a storytelling beginning at 4:00pm – open to all. Find more details about that here.