Marshmallow Beach Balls: Pool Party Treats
I’ve had this idea for marshmallow beach balls in my head all summer and I’ve been meaning to post it, and I feel like summer just ran away from me! But, I figure now summer is in full swing and these pool party treats are perfect so I’m posting this now!
These would be so cute to do for a swimming pool party or slip n’ slide party. The absolute best thing about them is that the kool-aid flavors the chocolate! Sure, you could just purchase different color candy melts, but the flavor the kool-aid gives is awesome and makes them taste as good as they look!
What you’ll need to make these pool party treats:
- Wilton Bright White Candy Melts
- Marshmallows (I used the Campfire Giant Roasters Marshmallows)
- Bamboo Skewers
- A small offset spatula (used for frosting cakes) or butter knife
- Sprinkles or Non Pareils in coordinating colors
- Kool-Aid packets
Step 1: Place the marshmallows on the skewers
Step 2: Melt a few candy melts in the microwave in 20 second intervals. Stir in between each 20 seconds in the microwave and stop once they are just melted. I used about 6-7 candy melts for each color to do 3 marshmallows and had leftover chocolate.
Step 3: Once the chocolate is melted, sprinkle in a small amount of the kool-aid powder. Add a few drops of water and stir to activate the color. You will add drops of water until the chocolate is a nice smooth consistency.
Step 4: Using the offset spatula spread a small amount of chocolate on a section of the marshmallow, to resemble the section of a beach ball. It doesn’t have to look perfect because the sprinkles will cover any imperfections. If you need to, you can use your fingernail or a clean spatula/knife to scrap or push the chocolate into the shape you would like it.
Step 5: Shake sprinkles to cover the chocolate and tap them into the chocolate with your finger. Stand the marshmallow on its skewer into a tall glass while you do the other marshmallows in that color.
- – Do all of the marshmallows in one color before moving onto another color.
- – Use yellow and blue to make green if you can’t find the green kool-aid (I searched 3 stores).
- – Add water a very small amount at a time so your chocolate doesn’t get too runny.
- – Slip the bamboo skewers into a cute striped paper straw before displaying them in a beach bucket for the pool party!
For other great ideas for you pool party click here! There is nothing like a pool party to create great summer memories!