Easter Crafts: DIY Bunny Ears
Cute DIY Bunner Ears Easter Crafts for Kids
This year I wanted to get my daughter some cute bunny ears. She loved the reindeer antlers we gave her at Christmastime and she still wears them, so it is time for something new.
We went to Hobby Lobby and they wanted $5 for one pair so I decided I’d make her some DIY bunny ears myself.
After buying supplies we headed to the dollar store for a headband and wouldn’t you know, the dollar store was selling bunny ears for $1! Dang it. Well, I’d already bought the supplies so we picked up a headband and headed home to try our crafting skills.
I like how mine turned out much better than either the ones at Hobby Lobby or the dollar store. I figured that mine cost $2 to make and they took less than 30 minutes to make (thanks to the fact that Lucy was napping).
- 1 sheet adhesive backed white felt (like these Stiff Adhesive Felt Sheets)
- 1 sheet adhesive backed pink felt
- 4 White chenille pipe cleaners (you can find Craft Chenille Stems here)
- 1 headband (like these Fabric Headbands)
- Hot Glue Gun
Here’s how I made them:
- I started by bending the pipe cleaners into the shape of an ear since I knew that was as large as they could be so the pipe cleaner would fit around the outside edge.
- Then I used the bent pipe cleaner to trace around on the back side of the white felt.
- Then I peeled off the backing of each ear but left a tab about 1 inch from the bottom. I stuck two ears together to make one ear.
- Then drew an ear shape on the pink felt and cut two from the pink felt for the inside of each bunny ear.
I used a hot glue gun to attach the pipe cleaner to the outside edge of the ear on both the front and the back (I wanted them extra fluffy). I peeled away the tabs I’d left on the adhesive felt, added a dab of hot glue to the headband and centered the bunny ear on the headband and wrapped the tabs around the headband. Then I peeled the adhesive backing off the pink inner ear piece and placed them on the bunny ear.
Then I realized that I put the two ears slightly off center of the headband and realized that it would still be just as cute! 🙂
Lucy LOVES them. She is adorable in them too, don’t you think? 🙂
**And because the adhesive backed felt is so stiff you don’t need cardboard or anything in the center of them to keep them upright! Bonus!!!