Jake and the Neverland Pirates Party Decorations
I had so much fun doing the decorations for my daughters 3rd birthday. She loves Jake and the Neverland Pirates, so we had that as our theme. I turned to Amazon for most of the items because I love that I can shop from my computer and get free two day shipping with their Prime Membership. It saved me a lot of time and money. I’ll link to the items, just in case you are looking to duplicate these ideas. I’ll also link to any printables I used.
Jake and the Neverland Pirates Party Invitations:
I printed the free invitations from here. I used themed wording on the invite to send the theme home. Then to elevate them I used my Silhouette Cameo paper cutting machine to cut the 3Dimensional boats. I used hot glue and a small square of floral foam to secure a bamboo skewer that I punched through the invites. Last, I added a small blue cardstock flag at the top.
Jake and the Neverland Pirates Party Decorations:
– The Ship Mast: My sister boast an impressive collection of random items. When I was explaining to her how I was going to make a ship mast, she said, “I’ve got one! It will be perfect!” And it was! I believe it originally from Pottery Barn Kids and it really helped bring it all together! It mounted flush with the wall and I just used Command Mounting Strips to mount it to the wall.
– Character Banner: I printed the character images from this website and cut around them. After mounting them on coordinating cardstock I cut around them again and strung them together with some jute twine.
– Fishing Net: I purchased just one Fish Netting from Amazon and cut it into multiple pieces to use throughout the party space.
– Happy Birthday Banner: I purchased this Birthday Banner from Amazon and all the letters were connected. I just cut the connections and used packing tape to put them closer together on the ship mast.
– Treasure Chests: I filled the bottom of some containers I have with grocery bags to bring up the bottom. Then after adding a sheet of gold tissue paper I filled it with gold foil wrapped candy: twix, rolos, snickers and chocolate gold coins (that were in the bulk section at my grocery store for $7 per lb). Last, I added a few necklaces to for some “jewels”.
– Balloons & Streamers: I accented an archway in our home with some balloons and streamers.
– Map Walkway: I used some red cardstock and some black streamers to create a map-like decoration for our walkway. It greeted the guests and added the perfect touch to welcome them to the party!